Monday, March 20, 2006

Gnostic Rocket as a Human Canvas

menno.jpg

For anyone who has been reading here, I apologize for the confusion. The Vessel show is still on.

Next Tuesday, March 28th, I will be appearing at Toronto's infamous experimental/ambient music night, Ambient Ping. Now, I have played at the Ambient Ping before (you can listen to a recording of my last show, featuring Sean Beresford on guitar, here). This show, however, I will not be playing an instrument. I will be acting as one of three human canvases for a project entitled Vessel. This is an attempt to explore the definition of music as fine art and the body as vessel for sound and colour. Phil Ogison, renowned ambient/experimental musician from Toronto, will be performing a live piece of music which will be recorded. Toronto outsider artist Menno Krant, will be painting three naked human canvases during the show. The recording will be released as an issue of ONE only, with artwork from the paintings by Menno Krant. There will be five Vessel performances and releases. The show on March 28th will be the first.

ogison.jpg
Phil Ogison at Ambient Ping - photo by Jamie Todd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home