Monday, June 05, 2006

New album: A Eulogy for History

eulogy_sm.jpg

I am pleased to announce the release of a new Gnostic Rocket album, A Eulogy for History. This is a free online-only release, exclusively available through The Umbrella Noize Collective, a wonderful Oklahoma City based net-collective featuring a ton of great releases by artists including ctephin, Value Village People, noiseFloor, Big City Orchestra and more.

This work was composed using spoken word samples, Magnatone lap steel guitar, Kay Speed Demon electric guitar, Danelectro Reel Echo, Korg X911 guitar synth, and the Springboard Dub.

By the way, ctephin and I are working on a split C-30 for the roilnoise label to be released later this summer. Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for such a wonderful release for our net-collective.
:D

 
At 10:19 a.m., Blogger Noisear said...

Good UNC release. I like it a lot. Congrats for the Roil Noise invite too. Great label!!

 
At 8:17 a.m., Blogger burlapwax said...

Hey there -- I like "Syria, 1921" a lot...great mix of textures. I need to make it up to a show sometime, since I'm only an hour and a half away (Buffalo).

Cheers, and I look forward to hearing the Roil tape!

Ben/Locust

 
At 9:21 a.m., Blogger burlapwax said...

To follow up on my earlier comment, I just wrote a review of the album, over at http://bitrotreviews.blogspot.com/2006/07/review-gnostic-rocket-eulogy-for.html. Great stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home