Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rough Mixes - Part Two

Here is another rough mix of a track I am working on for my upcoming album.

Twenty-five Tentacles Create an Interesting Obstruction

7_cz.jpg

This song is comprised of four separate tracks.

Track 1 - Twenty-five Tentacles Create an Interesting Obstruction - The first track I laid down was a slowly evolving patch I created on a Casio CZ1000. I played a slowly moving chord structure on the CZ1000 and ran the signal through the Springboard Dub, adding glitches and tweaking the delay as the track progressed.

7_ersdarp.jpg

Track 2 - Twenty-five Tentacles Create an Interesting Obstruction - The second track is a bass sound I programmed on the CZ1000 (with a soft "slap-back" effect built into its envelopes) that I played by hand.

7_misc.jpg

Track 3 - Twenty-five Tentacles Create an Interesting Obstruction - The third track is a stereo recording from my Korg Electribe ER1 featuring a number of bell-like and percussive sounds. These sounds were modulated with the sample and hold waveform in the ER1, causing them to play shifting and random melodic parts throughout. The internal tempo delay on the ER1 was set fairly high.

7_misc2.jpg

Track 4 - Twenty-five Tentacles Create an Interesting Obstruction - The fourth track is a mono recording of my Korg Electribe ER1 playing a kick/snare pattern. This signal was sent through my Korg X911 Guitar Synth's low pass filter (same filter as the Korg MS-20), with sweeping of the filter throughout the track. This signal was then channeled through the Springboard Dub.

As always comments and criticisms are welcome.

Don't forget, I'll be featured as a human canvas at the Vessel show tonight at Ambient Ping in Toronto. Hope to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home