Friday, March 31, 2006

Coming Soon, Gold Vinyl 45s!

6_bhudda.jpg

I am excited to announce that within a few weeks I will be launching the Gnostic Rocket On-Line Store.

I have been racking my brain for something interesting to offer those of you who have visited this blog and enjoyed my music. I wanted to do more than offer a CD for sale, given the redundancy involved in making a CD and shipping it to you when I am sure you can all burn CDs at home. So here's what I've come up with.

I have spent the last week or so working with my brother to source a manufacturer and I am proud to announce that I will be releasing a 7" 45rpm record, pressed in gold vinyl. This release will be issued in a limited-run of 200 signed and numbered copies available for a price of $10 CDN each plus shipping. These two tracks will never be made available on vinyl again. I am planning on releasing a new 7" every month or two. Each volume in a signed and numbered limited run, with different colour vinyl each time.

I will also be selling custom thongs and t-shirts.

For those of you who do not buy vinyl, you will still find MP3s at the store for your downloading pleasure. Unlike Sony or iTunes, I am not interested in gathering a tonne of info on you, limiting your choices of platform, or installing spyware on your systems in order to ensure "copy protection", so these MP3 downloads will be free of charge. I am a firm believer that a pay-what-you-can model can actually be viable. You will be under no obligation to pay for the MP3s that will be available here (and are free to pass them on to your friends), but if you enjoy them, please help me continue to create by clicking one of the optional donation buttons. Even a couple of dollars from each person who downloads tracks will allow me to maintain my gear and continue to produce music for you. I am also considering making high-fidelity wave files available via email requests, for those of you who do not have a record player but are not happy with the sound quality of MP3s.

The store will go on-line as soon as I receive the records back from the manufacturer. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 1:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gold is shiny! Am excited to bask in the audio and visual pleasures of the first Gnostic Rocket release—on vinyl no less!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home