Tuesday, April 11, 2006

About Gnostic Rocket's Online Store

8_5.jpg

Here's a little blurb about the Gnostic Rocket Online Store and how it works.

I will be releasing a new 7" 45rpm vinyl record every month or two. Each volume will be printed in a hand-signed and numbered limited run edition of 200-300 copies, with different colour vinyl each time. After the first printing, these tracks will never be available on vinyl again. The first 7" will be released in late May, in a run of 200 copies on gold vinyl.

For those of you without a record player, you will still find MP3s at the store for your downloading pleasure. Unlike Sony or iTunes, I am not interested in gathering a tonne of info on you, limiting your choices of platform, or installing spyware on your systems in order to ensure "copy protection". I am a firm believer that a pay-what-you-can model can actually be viable (check out Magnatune - they have been an inspiration). You will be under no obligation to pay for the MP3s that will be available here (and are free to pass them on to your friends), but if you enjoy them, please help me continue to create by clicking the donation button. Even a couple of dollars from each person who downloads tracks will allow me to maintain my gear and continue to produce music for you. Think of it like digital busking.

I am also making high-fidelity wave files available for those of you who are not happy with the sound quality of MP3s. Upon purchase, I will forward you a link to download the hi-res files. If you are looking for a wave file that is not currently listed as available, drop me a line and I'll post it to the store.

Thanks and happy shopping,
Gnostic Rocket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home