Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rough Mixes - Part Three:
Get Yourself Together

10_mixer.jpg

Here's a pretty rough mix of a new track I'm working on: Get Yourself Together

(More MP3s and special edition vinyl available at my store)

10_simmons2.jpg
Simmons SDS1000 drum head

Part 1 - Together - Using my Korg Electribe Emx as the master controller, I composed a rhythm track using my Simmons SDS1000 (for kick, snare and toms) and my Sequential Circuits Drumtraks (for hi-hats, tambourine and hand-clap). I channeled the individual drum sounds through seperate channels on my mixer. I sent one aux channel through the Springboard Dub and then my Maestro Phase Shifter. The other aux channel was sent through the Korg X911 Guitar Synth filter and then my Danelectro Spring King analog spring-reverb pedal. For added dub-ability the return signal from the second aux channel was returned to it's own channel, so the resulting signal could be passed through the first aux channel as well. I ran the drum sequence, muting/unmuting tracks and tweaking the aux sends for each sound and toying with the Springboard Dub settings.

10_korgx911.jpg
Maestro Phase Shifter and Korg X911 Guitar Synth

Part 2 - Together - I played a bass part on my Jay Turser JTB 2B Violin Beatle Bass, channeled through the filter on the KorgX911, with a medium attack on the filter sweep to add an auto-wah effect.

9_guitar.jpg
Kay Speed Demon guitar and the Springboard Dub

Part 3 - Together - I played a picked guitar part on my Kay Speed Demon guitar, also channeled through the Korg X911 filter (same settings as the bass part, but with the peak filter cutoff set a bit higher). This signal was also sent through the Springboard Dub, set to a fairly short delay.

10_arp2.jpg
Arp 16-Voice Electric Piano

Part 4 - Together - I played off-beat stabs using voice #13 on the Arp 16-voice Electric Piano, with the internal phaser set to slow sweeps at a high resonance.

Part 5 - Together - I layered a version of the picked guitar part using voice #11 on the Arp 16-voice Electric Piano with the internal phaser and vibrato set pretty high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home